Arbor Homes prides itself in well-built homes that are well built and great for the environment. With the Home Energy Rating System (HERS)®, Arbor proves its dedication to energy efficiency by outranking all other home builders in Indianapolis. Arbor homes average a 25% higher energy efficiency than other new home construction, and a 55% higher efficiency than resale homes. And here’s the best news: energy efficiency has cost-saving benefits as well! Here are the top four ways Arbor is making your next home as green as possible.
1. We use innovative Fiberglass in all our homes.
- Owens Corning EcoTouch insulation –industry-leading thermal and acoustic performance
- Made with natural materials
- Minimum 30% post-consumer recycled materials, which makes this the industry leader in proportion of recycled content
- GREENGAURD Children & Schools (SM) Certification- high indoor air quality
2. Our construction process is highly advanced.
- We stick frame our homes instead of using pre-fabricated pieces.
- More efficient use of materials and more structurally sound
- Allows for more insulation to be placed in walls
- Advanced air sealing throughout construction process
- Multiple energy efficiency inspections throughout construction
3. Puron HVAC is installed in all our homes.
- Non-ozone-depleting “refrigerant of the future”
- Digital thermostat for more accurate temperature control
- Cost saving energy efficiency
4. We install efficient water & lighting systems.
- Moen flow-optimized faucets
- Uses less water without compromising performance
- Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs
- Designed to last longer while using less energy
Interested in learning more about Arbor and our energy efficient homes? Check out our neighborhoods today!